Dr. Boozman's Check-up
Feb 13 2015
Two new bills I introduced, The Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans (SAV) Act becomes law, my speech on the President’s flawed national and homeland security strategies and more in this “Week in Review.”
- Preventing Veteran Suicides: Read my Roll Call opinion piece on the importance of the Clay Hunt SAV Act, which the President signed into law this week, and what next steps we should take to prevent suicides among veterans in this morning's edition of Roll Call.
- The Homeless Veteran Reintegration Program (HVRP) Clarification and Reauthorization Bill: For my first bill of the new session, I joined with Senator Jon Tester (D-MT), in an effort to fight veteran homelessness by reauthorizing current programs and clarifying qualifications for existing housing assistance benefits.
- The APPROVAL Act: I joined with Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) to introduce legislation to restore the right of states to approve or disapprove of electric transmission projects before the federal government exercises its power to take private property.
- The Problems with the President's National and Homeland Security Strategies: I delivered a speech on the Senator floor on Thursday to raise concerns about the President's national and homeland security strategies, particularly whether the Administration is committed to taking action on radical Islamic terrorists like ISIS and the President's instance on requiring Congress to fund his unconstitutional executive order on immigration.
- #SERVINGAR: My office has assisted thousands of people with a wide range of matters involving the federal government, including the IRS, Social Security, Medicare, VA, international adoption, visas and many other issues. Learn how we can help you.
- UAPB Receives Grant: I joined U.S. Senator Tom Cotton and U.S. Representative Bruce Westerman (AR-4) to announce that the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) received a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) grant to study foodborne pathogens in order to make our food healthier and prevent foodborne illnesses.
- KASU Radio Show: I joined Jonesboro’s KASU radio to discuss some of the issues we’re working on in Washington. We covered a wide range of topics including fighting in Ukraine and the President Obama’s request to Congress to formally authorize war against Islamic State militants, improvements to veterans mental health services and constituent service.
- Connecting with Arkansans: I joined 5News to talk about how my office uses social media to reach Arkansans. Watch the interview that aired on Sunday, February 8, 2015.
Blog Defense Foreign Affairs Homeland Security Immigration Reform & Border Security Regulatory Reform Veterans