Dr. Boozman's Check-up
Mar 28 2014
Telephone townhall announced, Senate-passage of Ukraine assistance package, IRS free file and much more in this edition of the “Week in Review.”
- Telephone Townhall Announced: Our next telephone town hall is this coming Monday, March 31st. Sign-up here.
- Senate Approves Ukraine Assistance: While President Obama signed an executive order that authorizes limited sanctions against those responsible, we must continue to seek ways to assist the Ukrainians and our allies in the region, including the additional sanctions outlined in this bill.
- Supporting the Three Rivers Study: The Arkansas and Oklahoma Congressional delegations sent a joint letter to the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works in support of a study that would "help ensure the continued viability of the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System."
- Turning up the Heat on Joseph Kony: President Obama has ordered the deployment of additional aircraft and U.S. military personnel to assist African forces in the efforts to hunt down warlord Joseph Kony. This is an effort we should support.
- Take Advantage of IRS Free File: Tax day is drawing near and there’s easy, convenient and free way to file federal tax returns that doesn’t involve spending countless hours with a pencil, calculator and eraser.
- Red Cross Month: If there is anything that can be learned for our circumstances this winter, it is the need to be prepared. Now that spring is upon us, we have a different form of extreme weather to deal with—tornadoes. It’s the perfect reminder to be prepared.