Dr. Boozman's Check-up
Jul 17 2015
The finalized Iran nuclear deal was announced, the Senate reauthorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) with my amendment and I announced two upcoming workshops in Arkansas to help preserve the stories of veterans. Read these stories and more in the Week in Review.
- Finalized Iran Nuke Deal Announced: We have a responsibility to ensure that Iran never achieves its goal of becoming a nuclear power. The finalized deal gives me little confidence that we will be successful in this regard.
- ESEA Reauthorization Passes With My Amendment: The U.S. Senate agreed to add an amendment I authored that focuses on career and technical education to the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Learn about it here.
- Help Preserve the Stories of Veterans: My office will be hosting two Veterans History Project (VHP) workshops for Arkansans who are interested in capturing the history of our brave men and women. Learn how to RSVP here.
- OPM Breach: I discussed the magnitude of the recent Office of Personnel Management (OPM) breaches, especially the second, larger breach that targeted some of "the most sensitive information we have" with the Washington Free-Beacon. Read the full story here.
- Saferoom for Vilonia School: I joined Senator Tom Cotton and Congressman French Hill to announce a $1 million grant to build a community saferoom at the new Vilonia Intermediate School.
- “A Day in the Life” on KNWA: Lauren Coleman of KNWA spent a day with me on Capitol Hill earlier this week. You can watch her report here.
- KFFB Open Mic Segments: I visited with Bob Connell at KFFB about Iran, the OPM data breach and the highway bill. You can listen to the segments here.