Aug 11 2016
WASHINGTON – For the sixth straight year, U.S. Senator John Boozman (R-AR) will be hitting the road on his annual agriculture tour in an effort to highlight the importance of the industry to Arkansas.
“The agriculture industry is an economic driver for our state. As Congress prepares the next farm bill, it’s important for me to hear the ideas of our farmers, ranchers and producers about how we can improve this legislation. Having input from those in the industry is vital to crafting legislation that meets the needs of agriculture,” Boozman, a member of the Senate Agriculture Committee, said.
Boozman released this video featuring some past stops and the counties he’ll visit next week.
Boozman is leading efforts to build an economic relationship with Cuba which will open doors for Arkansas agriculture. In June, the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee, adopted an amendment offered by Boozman that would reduce trade barriers so Arkansans can compete and trade with Cuba. The amendment is a common-sense solution to the number one obstacle facing agricultural exporters to Cuba. The legislation was favorably reported by the Senate Appropriations Committee.
Boozman’s 2016 Ag Tour will include meetings with producers, ranchers, farmers and more as he visits farms, production facilities and ag educational programs. State and local officials will join Boozman at most stops. Boozman will speak at the Ag Council of Arkansas’s meeting in Jonesboro and attend the Grady Fish Fry on Thursday. In addition, Boozman’s 2016 Ag Tour includes stops at:
- The Cleburne County Livestock Auction
- Ozark Mountain Poultry Processing Plant in Batesville
- Peco Poultry Processing Plant in Pocahontas
- Harrisburg Farm to School Program
- Tour Vo-Ag Program at Green County Tech
- Arkansas State University’s Farmers Market
- Wildy Farms in Manila – The Wildy family was named the 2015 Arkansas Farm Family of the Year
- Moery Farm in Wynne
- Cargill Ag Horizons Grain Facility in West Memphis
- Nathan Reed Farm in Marianna – The Reed family was named the 2014 Farm Family of the Year
- Cattle Farm in Monticello
- Tour tree farm and discuss timber issues at the University of Arkansas at Monticello
For details on specific events, please contact Patrick Creamer at (202) 224-4843 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.