Washington, D.C. Sites
My office can help you arrange tours of the following sites:
United States Capitol
- The United States Capitol Visitor Center is open to visitors from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Tours of the U.S. Capitol are conducted from 8:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m., Monday through Saturday, by the Capitol Guide Service and are approximately one hour in length.
- If you are looking for a more personal tour, my staff would be happy to guide Arkansans through the halls of the Capitol. Please fill out the tour request form to schedule a staff-lead tour of the Capitol.
- Senate and House Galleries are open when the Chambers are in session. Please stop by my Washington, D.C. office to obtain a free gallery pass and watch the debate.
- The White House is open for self-guided public tours Tuesday through Saturday.
- Tour availability is very limited and it is encouraged that requests are submitted at least three months in advance as tickets are extremely limited.
- Please note that our office can only submit a request to the White House for your tour. All decisions about tour dates and times are made by the White House.
- The Supreme Court offers public tours every hour on the half-hour, beginning at 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Congressional reservations are available on weekdays at 12:30 p.m., with very limited availability.
- These tours are not available when the Court is sitting. However, all arguments are open for the public to view.
Library of Congress
- Congressional tours of the Library of Congress are held Monday through Friday at 9:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m. and 1:45 p.m.
- Arrangements must be made at least two weeks in advance of your visit for a staff-arranged tour.
- Public tours begin at 10:30 a.m. and start every hour on the half hour until 3:30 p.m. If you are planning on joining a public tour, please arrive 15 minutes prior to the time you want to go. The entrance to the Library of Congress is located through the driveway level entrance of the Jefferson building facing 1st Street, SE.
- Self-guided tours have no time slots and you can spend as much time in the Library as you would like. The Library is open Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Headquarters
- The tour features interactive multimedia exhibits, content and historical artifacts—including a number of items on display for the very first time—that help illustrate the importance of the Bureau’s work to protect the nation.
- FBI tours take place Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM EST.
- Tour availability is very limited and it is required that requests are submitted no later than 3 weeks prior to your requested dates.
- Congressional tours of the Kennedy Center take place on weekdays at 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM and on weekends at 9:30 AM.
- The 9:30 AM tour is popular as it allows visitors to enter the building before the general public tours.
- Visitors who take the afternoon tour are welcome to stay for one of the free concerts on the Millennium stage at 6:00 PM.