Pryor, Boozman, Griffin Announce Grants for Arkadelphia, Lake Village, Malvern, Searcy, and Stuttgart Airports
Aug 14 2014
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senators Mark Pryor and John Boozman today joined Congressman Tim Griffin (AR-2) to announce that five Arkansas airports will receive over $1.2 million from the Federal Aviation Administration to support facility upgrades and expansions.
“Investing in our local airports stimulates Arkansas’s economy and enhances business and travel opportunities for communities across the state,” Pryor said. “These funds will allow our airports to maintain their high standards of operation as they expand to meet the needs of our state.”
“These grants are an important investment for Arkansas’s infrastructure. This funding will help these airports expand, improve services and encourage economic development,” Boozman said.
“We must ensure our state’s infrastructure is modernized and safe to protect travelers, increase commerce and grow jobs,” said Griffin. “This funding to improve our local airport facilities will help them operate safely and efficiently while encouraging economic growth in our communities.”
This funding is supported by the FY14 omnibus appropriations bill, which was signed into law in January. The airports receiving funding are as follows:
- Arkadelphia: Dexter B. Florence Memorial Field Airport will receive $246,750 to install a fence around the airport perimeter, deterring unauthorized access to the airfield.
- Lake Village: Lake Village Municipal Airport will receive $176,173 to extend its runway to meet the operational needs of the airport.
- Malvern: Malvern Municipal Airport will receive $321,975 to construct additional airport parking in order to meet the demand of airport users.
- Searcy: Searcy Municipal Airport will receive $314,638 to construct an access road, rehabilitate the runway, and install subdrains to eliminate ponding on airfield surfaces.
- Stuttgart: Stuttgart Municipal Airport will receive $161,416 to widen one of its taxiways.